SafeHire© Certification was developed and written with the assistance of BSI - The British Standards Institution; HSE - Health and Safety Executive and CHAS - Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme with CHAS being fully committed to the principles of SSIP – Safety Schemes in Procurement.
This standard has involved the following organisations, whose recognition has added credibility to the management disciplines described within it:
- British Standards Institution (BSI)
- Constructions Skills
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS)
- Events Supplier and Services Association (ESSA)
- United Kingdom Contractors Group (UKCG)
To achieve the SafeHire© certification, Plato underwent a series of rigorous inspections to confirm that its operations meet stringent safety and quality criteria. The audit covered aspects such as:-
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Health, Safety and Welfare
- Occupational Health
- Environment and Sustainability
- Quality Business Risk, Insurance and Financial Control
- Document Control and Data Protection
- HR and Employment Law compliance
Achievement of the standard is dependent upon successful assessment and, unlike other quality standards, on-site verification of policies and management systems.
Independent Assessors review the documents on-site and more importantly to test the impact/effectiveness of these including:
- Interviewing employees of all levels to ensure the company policy is truly “built-in”
- Sampling key process paperwork for accuracy and effective data management e.g. hire contracts, customer service management systems and training records
- Inspecting and testing “ready for hire” equipment
Our SafeHire© Certification is valid for three years with interim annual on-site assessments carried out. Check out our certification by clicking the orange SafeHire© logo in the footerIf the logo is not clickable the company may not be certified.