SafeHire is operated by the Hire Association Europe (HAE), the internationally recognised leading body for the development of the Hire and Rental Industry
The certification was developed and written with the assistance of BSi - The British Standards Institution; HSE - Health and Safety Executive and CHAS - Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme with CHAS being fully committed to the principles of SSIP – Safety Schemes in Procurement.
This standard has involved the following organisations, whose recognition has added credibility to the management disciplines described within it:
- British Standards Institution (BSI)
- Constructions Skills
- Health & Safety Executive (HSE)
- Contractor Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS)
- Events Supplier and Services Association (ESSA)
- United kingdom Contractors Group (UKCG)
To achieve the certification, Plato underwent a series of rigorous inspections to confirm that its operations meet stringent safety and quality criteria. The audit covered aspects such as:-
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Health, Safety and Welfare
- Occupational Health
- Environment and Sustainability
- Quality Business Risk, Insurance and Financial Control
- Document Control and Data Protection
- HR and Employment Law compliance
Achievement of the standard is dependent upon successful assessment and, unlike other quality standards, on-site verification of policies and management systems.
Independent Assessors review the documents on site and more importantly to test the impact / effectiveness of these including:
- interviewing employees of all levels to ensure the company policy is truly “built in”
- Sampling key process paperwork for accuracy and effective data management e.g. hire contracts, customer service management systems and training records
- Inspecting and testing “ready for hire” equipment
SafeHire Certification is valid for three years with interim annual on-site assessments carried out.