These are our only terms and conditions. All customers are deemed to be retail customers unless and until a trade account has been authorised if applicable.
All prices are exclusive of vat, delivery and washing up.
Our standard rate covers a hire period of 3 days only. Additional days will be charged out at our extra day rate. Long term hire by quotation.
Our standard wash up service is 29% of the total hire of crockery, cutlery and glassware. This charge will not be removed or deducted from your order.
The hired equipment is solely intended for use and storage indoors unless specifically designed and manufactured for use outdoors. If the equipment is used or stored outdoors the hirer is fully responsible for damage caused by the weather or any other associated hazard.
Appropriate instruction on the safe use and operation of the equipment will be provided by Plato Catering Hire
All powered equipment will undergo appropriate testing and inspection in accordance with relevant statutory requirements prior to commencement of hire.
Whilst Plato Catering Hire Limited will make every endeavour to supply equipment as described in on the website, all items are offered subject to availability.
Circumstances may lead to alternative products being supplied, but they will conform to the same standards.
If equipment cannot be supplied on the agreed date because of circumstances beyond its reasonable control, Plato Catering Hire shall return all monies paid and not be liable to pay further compensation to the Hirer.
The liability of Plato Catering Hire for any claims made by the hirer will not exceed the contract charge and does not extend to any consequential or financial loss caused by late or non-delivery, unsuitability, breakdown or lawful repossession.
6 weeks prior to delivery
If your order is within one calendar month of delivery day then payment is due when you confirm your order.
Payment is due in full together with a refundable deposit six weeks before the delivery day (unless you have applied for a credit account) We cannot guarantee items will be delivered in full or on the day requested without payment. If an order is placed within one calendar month of delivery FULL payment together with a refundable deposit will be due on confirmation.
Your refundable deposit will be returned once all items are back in stock and checked. The deposit less the replacement cost of breakages, losses or damage is returned by post after the equipment has been checked by authorised staff at Plato Catering Hire premises. Where the deposit is not sufficient to cover the replacement cost the hirer is liable for the balance. Excluding your refundable deposit, the amount of deposit required to secure your order is:-
Payments can be made using the following debit cards (these do not incur a fee) Meastro, Visa, Visa Electron and the following credit cards Visa & Mastercard.
Account Customers Only (the following terms are applicable to trade account holders only)
Payment on time is an essential condition of the Contract. Clients on account should pay within 30 days. If not paid a Late Payment Charge (LPC) may apply. Payment shall not be deemed to be made until the Supplier has received either cash or cleared funds in respect of the full amount outstanding.
If the Customer fails to make any payment in full on the due date Plato Catering Hire may charge the Customer interest (both before and after judgment/decree) on the amount unpaid at the rate implied by law under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 (where applicable) or at the rate of 4% above the base rate from time to time of the Supplier’s bank whichever is higher. We also reserve the right to add a one off small levy (5%) of the total hire cost for late payment.
The Customer shall pay all sums due to the Supplier under this Contract without any set-off, deduction, counterclaim and/or any other withholding of monies.
LOSS OR DAMAGE TO HIRED GOODS
Losses, breakages or damage will be charged at current purchase cost price. Crockery and glassware returned chipped will be charged as broken. No substitute items will be accepted under any circumstances. Plastic cartons, crates & box inserts will be charged for if damaged or lost including damage caused by wet/dampness.Anchor
No responsibility can be taken for injury caused by use of goods and equipment hired.
No responsibility can be taken for damage caused by use of goods and equipment hired. Particular attention should be paid to surfaces on which water boilers, burner rings, hot plates, hot cupboards, and bain maries are standing.
In respect of any Hire Goods which are lost, stolen or damaged during the hire the Customer will:
Pay the new replacement cost for any Hire Goods.
The Customer shall remain liable to pay the Rental for the Hire Goods up to and including the date it notifies the Supplier that the Hire Goods have been lost, stolen and/or damaged beyond economic repair.
In addition to the obligation to pay the Rental, from the date the Customer notifies the Supplier that the Hire Goods have been lost, stolen and/or damaged beyond economic repair until the date the Supplier has replaced such Hire Goods (“Lost Rental Period”), the Customer shall pay, as a genuine pre-estimate of lost rental profit, a sum as liquidated damages being equal to two thirds of the Rental that would have applied for such Hire Goods during the Lost Rental Period. The Supplier shall use its reasonable commercial endeavours to purchase replacements for such Hire Goods as quickly as possible using the monies paid.
In the event of a breakdown or unsatisfactory working of hired equipment, Plato Catering Hire should be notified of the fault. No attempt should be made to repair the equipment unless express permission is granted by Plato Cater Hire.
OWNERSHIP & INSURANCE
Risk in the Goods will pass immediately to the Customer when they leave the physical possession or control of Plato Catering Hire. Risk in the Hire Goods will not pass back to the Supplier from the Customer until the Hire Goods are back in the physical possession of Plato. This shall apply even if the Supplier has agreed to cease charging the Rental. Ownership of the Hire Goods remains at all times with the Supplier. The Customer has no right, title or interest in the Hire Goods except that they are hired to the Customer. Ownership of any Sale Goods remains with the Supplier until all monies payable to the Supplier by the Customer for the Sale Goods have been paid in full.
Plato Catering Hire reserve the right to change any price without need to give prior notice.
CARE OF HIRE GOODS
The Customer shall:-
- not remove any labels from and/or interfere with the Hire Goods, their working mechanisms or any other parts of them and shall take reasonable care of the Hire Goods and only use them for their proper purpose in a safe and correct manner in accordance with any operating and/or safety instructions provided or supplied to the Customer;
- notify the Supplier immediately after any breakdown, loss and/or damage to the Hire Goods;
- take adequate and proper measures to protect the Hire Goods from theft, damage and/or other risks;
- notify the Supplier of any change of its address and upon the Supplier’s request provide details of the location of the Hire Goods;
- permit the Supplier at all reasonable times and upon reasonable notice to inspect the Hire Goods including procuring access to any property where the Hire Goods are situated;
- keep the Hire Goods at all times in its possession and control and not to remove the Hire Goods from the country where the Customer is located and/or the country where the Supplier is located without the prior written consent of the Supplier;
- be responsible for the conduct and cost of any testing, examinations and/or checks in relation to the Hire Goods required by any legislation, best practice and/or operating instructions except to the extent that the Supplier has agreed to provide them as part of any Services;
- not do or omit to do anything which the Customer has been notified will or may be deemed to invalidate any policy of insurance related to the Hire Goods;
- not continue to use Hire Goods where they have been damaged and will notify the Supplier immediately if the Hire Goods are involved in an accident resulting in damage to the Hire Goods, other property and/or injury to any person; and
- where the Hire Goods require fuel, oil and/or electricity ensure that the proper type and/or voltage is used and that, where appropriate, the Hire Goods are properly installed by a qualified and competent person.
- ensure that any employees, agents or contractors that operate the Hire Goods are, if applicable, adequately and sufficiently qualified and trained to operate the Hire Goods in accordance with all current and applicable legislation.
TRANSPORTING YOUR ITEMS - DELIVERIES & COLLECTIONS
Deliveries and Collections are quoted for door to door service by a single driver. Hirers should ensure that they or their representatives are at the delivery address to receive/return the goods. Wasted journeys will be charged for. Please ensure that you have sufficient manual assistance on hand to help with the moving/siting and removal of equipment especially at difficult locations, eg. Marquees, office premises, large halls. Where delivery entails our staff moving goods to specific areas and/or having to reassemble equipment after use and extra time is involved, additional charges will be made.
Deliveries are from hard standing adjacent to main door, ground level entrance, unless pre-arranged. An additional charge will be imposed in respect of waiting time should the driver be unduly delayed or detained white attempting to effect a delivery or collection.
A maximum of 30 minutes is allowed from arrival in the vicinity of the Site for the loading and unloading of the equipment. Should the vehicle driver be delayed in gaining access to the Site or on Site any longer than this period, whether the reason for the delay is within the control of the Hirer or not, then extra charges will be incurred at the rate of £25 per 15 minute period for each employee of the Owner thus delayed.
Any work involving positioning of the Equipment is the responsibility of the Hirer.
We will make every endeavour to effect delivery and collection at the times indicated by the hirer. No responsibility will be taken if requested times are not met. Removal will be effected as soon as possible, but all equipment cannot be collected immediately after use from all sites. Deliveries & collections are normally Monday to Friday. Weekend and bank holiday deliveries and collections are subject to additional charges. Drivers collecting goods are not authorised to return deposits or check goods.
It is admitted that the person signing the delivery note had the opportunity to inspect the hired equipment and confirm the equipment is received in good condition.
Queries on goods received must be notified immediately. If the hirer has any cause for complaint concerning the conditions, suitability or performance of equipment hired, Plato Catering Hire should be notified immediately. No consideration for redress will be given to a grievance once the equipment has been used.
The Customer shall remain responsible and liable for any loss, damage or theft to the Hire Goods until the Hire Goods are collected by Plato Catering Hire.
Any equipment unavailable for inspection or collection, after a reasonable time, will be deemed to be lost and a charge will be made to the Hirer equal to the current replacement value of the equipment. The Hirer agrees to pay for all equipment loss, repair and cleaning. Hire charges will continue until full payment is made.
HIRING TABLES & CHAIRS
It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that users of the equipment exercise adequate care to avoid injury. Plato Catering Hire will not accept responsibility for injury caused through irresponsible behaviour. Furniture must be stored in the dry.
The hire charge includes the cost of laundry. Linen in your care shall remain your responsibility at all times. Please ensure that linen is completely dry and free from all debris before it is packed away. Damp linen is very susceptible to mildew, which can ruin a cloth within a few hours. Where linen is returned badly mildewed, stained or damaged in any way, we shall have the right to charge you the replacement cost and to invoice you for this. You will be notified of any damage to the hired linen normally within 10 days from the date it was collected/returned to Plato.
There will be no refund/credit given for any linen returned unused
HEALTH & SAFETY
The Hirer shall be responsible for ensuring compliance with any applicable rules or regulations relating to health or safety at work and shall take such steps (including compliance with all safety and usage instructions provided by the Owner) as may be necessary to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that the Equipment is at all times safe and without risk to health when it is being set, used, cleaned or maintained by a person at work. In particular, if it is necessary or prudent for fire extinguishers, carbon monoxide alarms, carbon dioxide alarms to be available at the Site the Hirer shall be responsible for supplying them.
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a highly poisonous gas which can be produced if an appliance is not working correctly. It is difficult to recognise as it has no colour, smell or taste. Symptoms of CO poisoning are similar to that of a viral infection. It affects the mental ability causing a person to become incapable without realising it.
Symptoms of exposure to Carbon Monoxide
• Tightness across the forehead
• Serve headache, weakness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting.
• Coma, intermittent convulsions
• Depressed heart action, slowed respiration.
If the exposure has been severe it may cause death.
If you suspect you are suffering from the symptoms above, turn off all appliances, open doors and windows and get out into fresh air immediately. Obtain medical advice/assistance
HEALTH & SAFETY - PERMANENT VENTILATION
If appliances are not in the open air you must ensure that you have permanent ventilation in the cooking area. e.g. in tents, marquees, huts prior to starting cooking. You need at least two vents ideally four opposite each other (two low level and two high level) to allow for good permanent air circulation to avoid Carbon Monoxide poisoning.
The front opening of a marquee is not deemed to be adequate ventilation. Separate fixed grills must be provided to the walls of the tent/marquee or structure to provide air flow and circulation. You need at least 6sq cm per 1 kilowatt. A typical 6 burner commercial gas oven produces 40 kilowatts of power.
For your own safety purchase a carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide alarm and site 1 metre away from appliances and in prep areas
YOUR [The Hirer’s] RESPONSIBILITY
The safe use of hire gas equipment is the sole responsibility of the hirer once the items are collected or arrive onsite. Plato staff are not allowed to install equipment on site. It is entirely the responsibility of the Hirer to connect and operate gas appliances. The Hirer therefore needs to be competent and experienced. Alteration to any appliance in any manner whatsoever is not permitted. The user of the LPG (ie the person operating the site) does have responsibilities in relation to the following:
- Siting of the LPG cylinders and equipment
- Ventilation and conditions around the cylinders and equipment
- Security of equipment, cylinders and associated pipework
- Impact protection – other on site traffic both vehicular and pedestrian
- Emergency arrangements - Appliances must NOT be located to endanger emergency escape routes from the unit.
- Have adequate ventilation for the type of appliance
Siting of Cylinders
Do not store cylinders any closer than 2 metres from un-trapped drains, unsealed gullies or openings to cellars. This is because LPG is heavier than air and if a leak were to develop from the cylinder or its controls or pipework or when it is being filled then the vapour could accumulate in an un-trapped drain or gullies. Ignition of these vapours could then lead to fire/explosion.
- Cylinders should also be sited out of directly sunlight and as far away as is possible from other heat sources.
- Do not store or use cylinders in cellars or below ground level. LPG is heavier than air and if there is an escape the gas will collect at low level, can be an asphyxiate, and can become dangerous in the presence of a source of ignition including flames or sparks. For the same reason;
- Cylinders should be used and stored in the upright position
- Cylinders should be stored in well ventilated places away from sources of heat, ignition sources and readily ignitable materials
- Cylinders should be stored outdoors, away from buildings entry/exit points and features such as drains
- Cylinder must not be kept near to any corrosive, toxic or oxidant material
- No one should smoke, use electrical equipment, mobile phones or park vehicles near the cylinders.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to clearly display ‘No smoking’ and other signs
- The cylinders should be protected from unauthorised access to reduce the chance of intentional or accidental interference.
CANCELLATION AND ALTERATION TERMS
If, for any reason, you wish to cancel your order you should phone us during Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm, quoting your order reference number. This can be found on the top right hand corner on your order confirmation. All cancellations must be confirmed in writing and will only become effective on receipt of your cancellation letter. You will incur a cancellation charge the amount of which will be dependent upon the length of notice we receive from you.
Cancellations made 21 days prior to the date of delivery will be exempt from a cancellation charge. Cancellation made after this time will be charged 75% of the full contract price. Cancellations made within 7 days of the delivery date will be charged 100% of the contract price.
PEACE OF MIND - INSURANCE
For your peace of mind we strongly recommend that a suitable insurance be taken out by yourself as all equipment is the responsibility of the hirer from acceptance until return or collection, including equipment left at other premises. You should therefore make every effort to ensure the equipment is kept dry and retained in a secure place until this time. No insurance is provided by Plato Catering Hire.
Our Opening hours are as follows:-
Monday to Friday - 8:30 - 17:00
Saturday - Telephone calls will be answered between 9:00 - 11:30 (Our warehouse and Office are closed)
Sunday – Closed