Ah, parties. Remember them? Remember when they weren’t conducted over a screen and you could actually hug people, share the same space, and sing as loud as you wanted to?
Those times will return. Remember - every jab in the arm is one jab closer to restrictions being lifted and you being able to finally get those postponed parties back in the diary.
So, with that in mind, why don’t we spread some positivity, and think ahead. Sure, we can’t pinpoint dates at the moment (January 2021), but that doesn’t mean you should avoid putting some effort into the huge parties that are inevitably around the corner.
Some ready-made excuses to celebrate
You probably don’t need these, but in case you’re running a little dry on inspiration for partying when we’re all allowed to, here’s some ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- it was Granny’s 80th last year
- the cat turns 6 this year, and she deserves some attention
- you’ve just remembered that your football team won the league three years ago
- you never held that housewarming you promised back in 2014
- it is actually your birthday this year
- you’ve really got into home DJing during lockdown
- you’ve got a fridge full of beer you’d finally like to share with other people
- it’s Wednesday
The truth is you don’t really need an excuse to celebrate in 2021. Just the mere thought of life returning to some kind of normality should be enough of an excuse to get together with the people you love.
More pressingly, like most people, you probably ended up cancelling numerous events last year, and maybe even this year. Therefore, when the restrictions lift, you can simply revisit those plans. How exciting!
Good news: you can get plenty of help
You don’t have to do any of the party planning alone. So, make sure you rope in your nearest and dearest to help.
There’s one great reason to do this: it gives everyone hope. This is something we all need right now, and the prospect of a party in the not-too-distant future should be enough to get most people in a far better place, mentally.
Every little helps, and if you ask others to help you plan some good times, you’ll be giving them positive thoughts in return.
You can get an awful lot of help with the nitty-gritty of the party, too. Cutlery, catering, and additional furniture isn’t the sort of stuff you want to get bogged down with, so why not call on the services of a company like Plato to assist (check out the checklist further down)?
Why it’s a good idea to plan now (even if you don’t know the date!)
At the time of writing, no one really knows when restrictions will begin lifting. But that’s OK; you can still plan an epic party.
In fact, now really is the best time to do so, for three very good reasons:
1. There’ll be less stress leading up to the big day.
2. You probably need some distraction from the news.
3. We all need something to look forward to.
Planning a party is fun - particularly when you know it’s going to be a big one. You can get completely lost in the detail and spend all of the time you have now brainstorming ways to make it memorable.
That’s a pretty good way to spend time at the moment, we reckon. It also means that you won’t be stressing quite so much as the day nears, because you’ll have done all of the planning well in advance.
So, grab a pen, paper, laptop, and your favourite beverage, and start dreaming up that big day!
Your Party-Like-1999 checklist
To give you a bit of a head start on the slightly more mundane stuff, here’s a quick checklist you’ll need for your big party.
- Cutlery. (Do you really have enough knives, forks and spoons? Everyone runs out of spoons!)
- Glasses. (Come on, let’s not beat around the bush - you’ll need a lot!)
- Linen. (if it’s a particularly big party, it’ll help keep your furniture in good shape and make the place look classy.)
- Kitchen equipment. (Going big? You may need some kit which is more capable of serving large groups of people compared to your own.)
- Someone to help set up… and wash up. (Ahem… we do that!)
Just remember that we can help with all of the above. It’s a massive time saver, doesn’t cost as much as you think, and means you can focus on the more exciting aspects of your party.
Here’s hoping we see you soon!
Contact the Plato team today to find out more.